Wednesday 29 May 2013

First hair dyeing

A bigger challenge as expected

A few weeks ago, I've decided to dye my hair from dark brown to toffee blonde. Previously I promised myself to never dye my hair, because it is my greatest treasure - but you know, there's always a day on which you'll break all your promises and just do what you want to do. 
So, after a long search for the best colour that could suit me, I finally found one which looked perfect to me. It was the Garnier Nutrisse Creme in 70 (Toffee). I always use products from Garnier, because in my opinion their are all working well. 

Now after using it, I can definitely recomment this hair dye to you. 
The product is very easy to handle. The instructions are easy to understand and there is everything you need inside. Just because it was the first time, this was very important for me. Another good reason for buying this product is the pleasent smell of it. I guess everyone who already dyed his hair knows the obnoxious smell which hair dyes have very often. After the apllying of the composition, you'll just have to wait 30-40 min. untill your hair is ready to be washed out. In the wrapping you'll find a hair care product which protects your hair from looking that broken. 

Because it was the first time I did it, my mother helped ( and reassured :D ) me. But everything wasn't so easy as it seemed to me. My hair is very thick ( we had to buy two packs of the hair dye ), and it still wasn't enough to cover up all of my hair. I was so afraid of having two different hair colours :D. But in the end it turned out that my hair colour not really changed at all. That is not the fault of this product, but mine. I was sure that my hair wouldn't be too dark to dye it blonde. I guess it was a fallacy :D. Now I'm not sure if I should do it again, but if I'll do it, I'll definitely use Garnier

Here are some tips I can give you if you want do dye your hair in the next time:
  • At first: Think about your discission twice. If you are finally not satisfied with the result, it's your problem. You shouldn't dye your hair in the next time again, because ( as you surely know ) hair dye destroys your hair and leads to hair breakage if you do it too often. 
  • Make sure that the colour you've chosen is the right for you. 
  • If you've got dark hair ( like I have ), you should always take a hue that is lighter than the result you want to achieve. Don't be afraid, it will be always darker than the picture on the cover. Instead you can also use a brightener, but that's no good idea if the health of your hair is important for you. 
  • If you've got light hair and you want to dye it in a dark colour, you should do it very carefully and if it is possible in several steps. It often happens, that the hair is getting a green touch if you don't follow the right instructions. 
  • If you've got very thick hair, you should buy more than one packs of the hair dye. Better too much than too little. Furthermore you should ask your parents or friends if they could help you, because it is not easy to do something like that, with time pressure, for the first time 
After your hair dyeing, your hair will have a lot of split ends. Perhaps it will feel a little bit like you would brush the hair of a barbie :D. To do something good for your hair, here's another product from Garnier I would recomment you. 
I use it for two months now and it is great. 
I can absolutely see the difference between my hair at the beginning and now. 






xoxo Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment